New & Non-Antique Furniture Restored to Perfection.
New & Non-Antique Furniture
Restored to Perfection.
You’ll be amazed…
…at the range of work I can do.
…how few professionals can deliver these results.
…at the stunning transformation in your furniture.
For Furniture Restoration Sussex, call me.
Furniture Repolishing & Refinishing Sussex
REMOVE SURFACE DEFECTS AND MAKE “AS NEW”
Repairing & Furniture Restoration Sussex
FOR A MORE COMPLETE TRANSFORMATION
New Furniture Finishing Sussex
FURNITURE, Joinery & Kitchens
Staircases, Joinery & Bars
New & Exisitng In-Situ Working
Advising & Resolving
Your “Professional Friend” & Adviser
About Gavin Mason
Training, Experience & Credentials
Skilled Refinishing, Repolishing & Furniture Restoration Sussex.
Specialising in worn high-quality mid-century vintage, reproduction, Arts & Crafts, Danish, and other non-antique furniture.
Let me explain.
Just like you find in most industries, craftspeople will have their own niche specialties. And furniture restoration is no different. The reason this is so important is that work done to furniture without the correct training, experience, materials, and tools is likely to devalue your item, rather than increase it. And as someone who has spent a career in furniture making and restoration, I know that’s the last thing anyone wants.
It’s an understatement to say that your beloved furniture is safe in my hands. In my hands it will be restored to its former glory or transformed into the creation of your dreams.
Are you ready to be amazed? Get in touch with me to find out more now.
What Furniture Do I Transform?
- Kitchen cupboards and dressers
- Other specialist wooden material pieces – just ask
- Polished finishes
- Painted finishes
- Decorative finishes
- Surface damaged and worn due to age
- Damage due to recent spills and knocks
- Damaged under the surface
- Mid-century (1920s onwards) vintage, reproduction, modern, contemporary and shop-soiled new furniture.
- When it comes to Furniture Restoration Tunbridge Wells I have a long and highly-respected career in furniture making and restoration including working with high-end furniture stores.
- Specialist trained both antique and non-antique furniture, so I know the very distinct differences between the approach and materials needed.
- Clients express amazement at the beautifully transformed furniture I return to them.
- I am frequently referred work by antique restorers who do not have the specialist skills to work on post mid-century non-antique furniture.
- I am able to achieve finishes seen in stores and interiors magazines
- Precision tone, colour, texture and vibrancy to produce an exact replication of the original – you won’t believe your eyes!
- All work is labelled with my name and details for total peace of mind. Any future owner will be able to see and verify that the restoration work has been carried out correctly by a reputable professional to the highest standard.
Why Restore, Repolish, or Refinish?
- If your piece of furniture is damaged, I can restore it back to its beautiful original finish so you can enjoy it once again.
- Repaired and repolished furniture will not just hold its value, it can increase it.
- A makeover is more cost-effective than buying new; breathe fresh life and bring a new on-trend look into the fantastic quality furniture you already own.
- Repairing, restoring, and repolishing is a great example of sustainable living, extending the life of existing and loved products.
- If your furniture piece is no longer in production, and ends up in my hands, you could end up with a collector’s item in yours. My restoration work will enhance its value and beauty to become the finest one of its type in existence.
Myths & Questions
“I’m concerned about how much it may cost”.
You would be surprised how affordable and reasonable it is to use my services. Especially when you compare it to letting the value of your lovely furniture fall or buying in new at the same quality.
“Do I have to bring items to your workshop”?
My collect and deliver service offers total convenience and the highest quality of service as your furniture will be safety stored and worked on at my workshop. For fixed furniture such as staircases and kitchen units, I bring my specialist service to you.
“I don’t know whether I need an antique or non-antique restorer”.
There’s considerable misinterpretation and differing views on what defines antique. But it’s widely held that ‘antique’ implies over 100 years old, anything newer has a different finish and needs to be treated in an entirely different way. In my experience, reputable antique restorers would refer work on mid-century onwards furniture to a specialist like me. If you’re not sure, I can help, as dating a piece of furniture is not always easy.
“I don’t know whether my furniture can or should be restored”.
As an expert, you can let me be the judge. I can successfully tackle challenging restorations with fantastic results, but I’ll be honest if I don’t think it’s the right approach or investment for your specific item.
“I’m wondering whether to have a bash at fixing my furniture myself”.
In my experience, with a quality piece of furniture, this will rarely result in anything other a trip to a furniture restorer with the item possibly in a worst state than it was before you started. It’s no reflection on you, but a YouTube tutorial will never be a substitute for years of training, experience, specialist techniques, materials, and tools. Before you go down that road, I would recommend an appraisal.